Operations Manager (MBA Intern) APPLY NOW
Dr. Dane's Kitchen - Operations Manager (MBA Intern)
Dr. Dane’s Kitchen is looking for a new part-time Operations Manager to join the team! We are looking for a daring self-starter with strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills. Our manager will deliver a myriad of support for Dr. Dane’s Kitchen and be able to work across multiple internal teams. This role will report directly to the CEO and support the overall growth strategy by leading product development, providing new partner support, contract administration and coordinating quarterly forecasting. Interest or experience in working in the food industry is a major plus.
We source ingredients and materials from various suppliers locally that require ongoing forecast projections to support our production requirements. Responsibilities for this function are as follows:
- Send quarterly forecasts to vendors to support packaging and materials requirements
- Work closely with the team to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained
- Plan and lead Purchase Orders (POs)
- Issue POs to vendors for ingredients and materials in a timely manner
Logistics coordination is a core function of our business to ensure inventory arrives on time and full to its destination while the best pricing options are met. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with local third-party logistics (3PL) providers to arrange freight for ingredients and materials
- Handle e-commerce logistics/fulfillment between 3PL, warehouses, and co-manufacturer
We partner with a co-manufacturer and DCs locations in the United States which require movement of finished goods to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and review POs and Bill of Lading (BOLs) both for co-manufacturer and vendors
- Reconcile invoices for vendors against BOLs from co-manufactures
- Ensure pricing, item descriptions, and specifications are up to date
- Modify existing P.O.s when changes occur (delivery dates, quantities, etc)
- Process customers’ orders through EDI and email programs
Customer Service & Other
- Receive and support customer service emails
- Support social media operations
- Identify risks and efficiencies in shipping & delivery and implement timely resolution to ensure the best customer experience along with product innovations
- Work seamlessly with internal teams, including Executive Management, Marketing, Creative Design, Legal, Retail Development to deliver transparency and ensure timely development of products.
- Drive new retail business by identifying partnership opportunities, then pitch and negotiate with potential partners
- Evaluate and analyze market trends and competition to fill voids within our product categories
- Conduct routine business analysis using syndicated data (IRI) and developing action plans to capitalize on in-market opportunities.
- Conduct periodic market tours and competitive assessments, compile findings and make recommendations with fact-based support.
- Provide support by compiling relevant materials for presentations, including product presentations, category success stories, ratings, press stories, etc. to ensure Dr. Dane’s Kitchen is top of mind & future retail success.
- Prospect for opportunities to increase retail partnership opportunities
- Strong communication skills are a must, as the role includes building and maintaining working relationships with team members, customers, and other companies.
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous experience in inventory management or control a plus
- Quickbooks experience preferred
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Shopify, and other e-comm platforms (i.e. Amazon Seller Central)
- 1+ years customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in operations, or related fields
About Dr. Dane’s Kitchen:
Dr. Dane’s Kitchen creates authentic, all-natural Vietnamese and vegan dipping sauces along with other Huế-style condiments that cross all culinary boundaries, delivering a savory, spicy kick to dishes all over the world. Gluten-free, no MSG, or GMOs- just all-natural ingredients you would find in your local farmer’s market. Find us online at www.drdaneskitchen.com. Dr. Dane’s products are also available at Dallas retailers Bistro B, Hiep Thai Food Store, The New Truong Nguyen Market, Hong Kong Market Place, and Hiep Phong BBQ. We invite you to join us in the kitchen to help drive innovative, delicious, authentic Vietnamese cuisine and condiments to tables and store shelves everywhere. All products are handcrafted and locally made in Dallas, Texas by Dr. Dane Hoang. All sales benefit the Kids 4 Smiles organization.||||||||||||KSMfkBiSMSQVJFyG|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false