Learn how to make these lemongrass chili sauce infused deviled eggs - the Huế way - at Dr. Dane’s Kitchen!
How to make Hue Inspired Deviled Eggs with Lemongrass Chili Sauce
This recipe yields 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- Large saucepan
- Medium mixing bowl
- Zip lock bag (half gallon)
- Serving tray/ platter
- 6 Large Eggs (will yield 12 slices)
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ TBS Dr. Dane’s Kitchen Authentic Vegan Vietnamese Lemongrass Chili Sauce (Ot Sa Sa Te)
- 1 TSP Mustard
- ⅛ TSP Salt
- ⅛ TSP Sugar
- ½ Finely Chopped Onion (for garnish)
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Fresh Paprika
Total Time: 30 min
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Gently place all eggs as a single layer into a large saucepan, then cover with enough water so that there’s 1 inch of water above the eggs.
- Set flame to high heat until water begins to boil, then turn the heat to medium-low and cook for 8 minutes
- Turn off the heat, then transfer eggs into an ice bath. Let sit for at least 15 minutes
- Crack the egg shells and carefully peel eggs under cool running water. Gently pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, then remove the yolks gently into a medium bowl while placing the egg whites on a serving platter.
- In a separate bowl, mash the yolks using a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemongrass chili sauce, salt, and pepper, then mix well. Add more lemongrass chili sauce or mayonnaise for taste! A sprinkle of sugar also deepens the flavor!
- Add your yolk mixture into an empty half gallon ziplock bag. Close the bag, and ensure that all the mixture is at the bottom. Cut one tiny corner that will be big (yet small enough) to pipe the mixture into your empty egg whites.
- Squeeze mixture from the ziplock through the hole and evenly distribute to the empty egg whites.
- Garnish with chopped onion, pepper, paprika or your favorite even chopped herbs (cilantro, scallion, etc.).
- Want more kick? Drizzle more of Dr. Dane’s Kitchen Lemongrass chili sauce on top!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see it! Share your comments below or via Instagram by tagging us @DrDanesKitchen #HueDeviledEggs